Sunday, September 13, 2009

Young Family reunion and Larry's wedding

Where shall I begin, I have a lot of catching up. Plus there are so many pictures to choose from.
Well the end of July we had girls camp. I only went up for an evening because I had the baby and that is all that they would allow. I didn't put any pictures of the girls on here, but they had a great time.
The following week we had a big family reunion with my Mom's side of the family. We had a lot of fun. We went to Pine Basin and had a three day reunion. It was a wild time, but I love seeing my family. I saw cousins that I hadn't seen in 10 or more years. It was fun to get to know them again.
We did a lot of fun things at the reunion. The first day we hung out and talked a lot and ate some yummy food. We also went on a hike up the mountain behind Pine Basin. Kirk and I didn't go too far up the hill, because it was really steep. My brother Larry, Dennis, my niece Cheyenne her boyfriend and a couple of my cousins went up further. An hour or so after Kirk and I got down off the mountain my cousins came back down. Then it was about 10 pm and my brothers weren't down yet and it was dark. They didn't have any flashlights, then 10:30 came around and still no sign of them. So my brother Paul decided to do a rescue mission and took flashlights and went up the mountain and found Larry and Dennis, but Cheyenne and her boyfriend were still up there stuck in a ravine and they couldn't really see anything. Paul got them all down safely by 11 that night. I was so mad at Larry and Dennis, because they decided to ditch Cheyenne and her boyfriend Cody. Then Cheyenne and Cody got lost. She wasn't even wearing good shoes for hiking. I was so glad they got down safe.
The next day we had a bunch of them go to wind caves for that hike and then the rest of us stayed and visited and entertained kids with a few activities. That night we did dutch oven cooking. Then we had a raffle and it was a lot of fun. Then we had skit night, which is always my favorite. Our families come up with the funniest skits. Then we talked about grandma and grandpa, which was a treat because most of us grandkids didn't know grandpa. He died before I was born.
Here are some pictures of the reunion.
This is my uncle Rogers family

On the left are my Uncle Keith and Aunt Jo and to the right of them is my Aunt Lynnett and Uncle Bob.

Here is my Uncle Dennis's family

My brother Paul's family

My aunt Carols family

Uncle Keith and Aunt Jo

Kirk, me, Calista and Connor

This is on the wind caves hike.

Kirk, Dennis and Larry


Connor looking cute


Happy boy



Here is Larry and Liz's rehearsal dinner at Bubba's

This is the view from our cabin at Signal mountain

This was our cabin



Liz just before the wedding

The ceremony

Calista was the flower girl and well she got bored with the five minute ceremony

Larry and Liz right after the wedding

My cousin I hadn't seen since I was fifteen
Steve, Dennis, me, and Paul

Proud Mama!!!
It was a fun wedding. It was the fanciest wedding I have ever been to. But way fun. We danced and had a great time. I will get some more pictures of the dancing on here. Cause we boogied the night away.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I love your view from the cabin and the pictures at the wedding. What a beautiful place! And my favorite was the pic of Calista as the flower girl playing in the dirt between those two fancy-shoed ladies! AWESOME photo!

Kristin said...

you have been busy girl!! i haven't seen your family FOREVER!! you all look fabulous:)