Friday, July 24, 2009

Summertime

Boy this is a long post with lots of pictures of course. I have been pretty busy with two now. I feel like it takes me forever to get going in the mornings and to go to the grocery store is really fun. Especially all by myself. Kirk has been working two jobs, so he isn't here very much to help out. We need any money we can get. This past year with Kirks surgery and the school insurance didn't pay anything, so we got stuck with a very large bill and the car broke down and I had a baby, but I have insurance on me and the baby, so that didn't cost as much. But wow we have had to put everything on payments and I hate that. I don't like owing money. Well enough with the wo's of my life. We should get to the fun stuff.
We have had a really fun summer so far. We had a great fourth of July. We have been busy going to different parks and Calista has loved that. She loves playing on the playgrounds. We have gone to Rigby Lake, to Ross Park Aquatic Center, to the zoo and visiting friends and family. It has been great. Connor has adjusted quite nicely to everything I drag him to. He is a great baby. Very even tempered. He doesn't cry much. Only when I get into the shower. Heehee!!

Calista was getting ready for church in this picture and she was twirling and saying how beautiful she looked in her dress. It was hilarious.
Kirk found him this way and of course had to take a picture.


This was at Ross Park after we swam. Calista and her friend Rebecca. We met Genessa and April there also but I didn't get a picture of them. The girls had a great time. We even threw them down the slide a couple of times.

This was at Hogle Zoo

This was at the awesome bird show at Hogle Zoo. I got this great shot of the Eagle.

This was Connors blessing day and of course slept through most of it. He was a good baby and Kirk did a wonderful blessing. I was so proud of him.

This isn't the best picture of us, but I didn't take very many that day. We were so tired from the fourth the day before.

Here is the gang for the parade. On the back row was Dennis, My Dad (Lloyd), Mary, Susan, My Mom (Sylvia)and on the front row is Ivy, Josh, Luke, Calista, Erin and Camren. Kirk and I are in the middle. I do not look very good in this picture. Yuck!

This picture is just precious to me. Calista loves her brother so much.

This was the Title of Liberty walk. It has kind of become a tradition to do, plus my Mom is one of the people in charge and she makes me do it. Even with a brand new baby. LOL!!!

Here is Kirk and the kids. I am sorry you can't see Connor.

This was just a cute picture of Kirk and Connor. We went to a wedding and so they were dressed nice.

When Connor is hungry he opens his mouth when I kiss him. I love it! He is so sweet.

All ready for church.

Resting with daddy, all ready for bed.

This is Calista singing to Connor. It gets pretty funny at the end. Enjoy!!

6 comments:

TimandBecckaMarley said...

Ohh Darla..your family is adorable!! I laughed my head off with pic of Conner flipping the bird!!! The pic of Calista kissing Conner..soooo cute!!! Great Blog!

Kristin said...

Darla, your kiddos are so precious!! I love the one of Calista kissing her baby brother:) You look great!

STRATTON FAMILY said...

Oh looks like you have been busy. Sorry about the stupid bills I hate money. The picture of calista kissing conner is adorable.

Forever Young said...

Ohhh... I just love the pic of you kissing him and his mouth opened. That just makes me so baby hungry! I miss those little moments. Dont you just love summetime? Love all the fun pics.

Kristen said...

What a fun update. I love all the pics. Conner is so adorable!

Kristy said...

I just watched the video, so funny! And I'm jealous, you got a good picture of the girls at the pool...I have struggles getting her to look at me lately, grrr. See you later, cute pictures, I love the one of Connor all ready for church in that cute little BOY outfit.