Friday, May 29, 2009

New baby story and pictures

Here he is after the very long journey. I can't believe that we made it. I want to share my story cause I thought that it is kind of funny. It was memorial day and my mom came over and we went to the zoo with Calista, but if any of you have seen my mother lately she doesn't walk very well. When we got to the zoo we thought it would be a good idea if she got a wheel chair, but I was the only one that could push her around. Well imagine that, me at 37½ weeks pregnant and pushing my mom through the zoo. Well we joked that she would put me into labor and I said that would be okay because I was ready and my body was ready. We played and had a great morning at the zoo and we also went to the fun park that is padded and we got lunch and hung out. Then Calista and I went home, she had a nap and I did some laundry and hung out at the house. Kirk had to work all day from 10 in the morning until almost 10 at night.
My water decided to break at about 8:45 pm while I was giving Calista her bath. At first I thought I just peed my self a little. But then it just kept happening a little at a time. I got Calista to bed and then I finally put a pad on and waited for Kirk to get home. I told him that I think my water broke, but I wasn't sure because I have never experienced that before. Kirk you know brushed it off and was you know Kirk, very cool and calm. I wanted someone to freak out with me or at least tell me to calm down. I called my Mom and asked her and she said that it was very possible and it sounded like I had, but I wasn't sure if I was in labor, because I wasn't having any contractions.
I decided it would be a good idea to start packing a bag just in case and I am glad I did. As soon as Kirk and I went to bed at 10:30 my contractions started and they got fast and hard really quickly. At midnight I decided I had had enough I woke Kirk up and I tried to get a hold of my doctor and I got really upset because I couldn't get her on the phone. So I called my mom and she said that she would meet us at the hospital and then we called Kirk's mom and she came over to the house to stay the night with Calista. Have I ever mentioned what wonderful mothers both Kirk and I have. They always come to our rescue and I love them both very much.
We got to the hospital and I got all checked in the room changed and they checked me and I was to a 6, so they quickly got me an epidural, but the epidural for some reason stopped me at an 8 and I wasn't progressing at all, for 4 hours the turned me from side to side and tried to get me to dialate those last two centimeters and finally at quarter to six I was close enough and the nurse got me all ready and had me push to see if the baby was close and sure enough he was. The doctor came in a couple of minutes later and I pushed six time through two contractions and he was out. I think I pushed a total of 3 to 4 minutes and the doctor had to tell me not to push so hard. I thought that was funny. Anyways I hope that wasn't to graphic for anyone.
He came out and was perfect. He cried a little bit while they cleaned him up and I nursed him right away and he took right to it.
He is a perfect little angel and Calista has took right to him, she is still a little hesitant, but she sings to him and gives him lots of kisses.


This is just after he was born and he looks a little upset.


Love at first sight.


Proud Daddy. It is amazing to watch Kirk love on his son. I thought he had a special bond with Calista, but this one with his son is different. I see the sparkle in his eyes when he picks him up.

This was after our first night and he did really well.

Finally got to come home.

It is a good thing that heavenly father loves me and lets me take care of one of his little spirits. I am so thankful for my family and I am greatful that he got here safely. He doesn't even cry much. I love being a mother.

8 comments:

Bon said...

He is so perfect Darla! That is funny about your water. The exact same thing happened to me with Savanah. I thought I just peed my pants! HA! He is so handsome. Can't wait to watch him change. Are you feeling adjusted to two or is it to early to tell yet?

Forever Young said...

What a handsome little man=) I hope when we decide to have another that Josiah will also have the opportunity to experience a son... I thought two was easier than one, cause with the first I didnt know what I was doing. Congrats again.

The Hammers said...

He's beautiful! Good job, Momma. And, Connor Jack is sooooo cute. I love that name.

Kristen said...

Good job girl. He really is a handsome little guy. Congratulations!

Christina said...

I love birth stories. Thanks for sharing! He's so cute and I'm glad everything went so perfectly. Congrats and take care!

Erin said...

Congrats! He is a cute little boy. I am so happy for you. Call me if you need anything!!

STRATTON FAMILY said...

Well he is adorable your story is funny I am glad you didn't have him at home. Well good luck he's so precious.

Cole and Lyndsey said...

Darla! He is so cute! Congrats! I am so glad everything went so well- I hope you are recovering great and loving life! Keep me posted!

xoxo- Lyndsey