Saturday, November 21, 2009

Kirk

So many things have happened in the last couple of months. Kirk had an interview at Portage Inc., a company that does contracts with the site. Kirk didn't think he had a chance at the job. He felt like he didn't have enough job experience and his education was good enough for the job. Two weeks went by and we didn't hear anything. Then a couple days later they called and offered him the job as a chemical coordinator. The salary is more than Kirk and I have ever made together in a year and I just have to say that I am so proud of him. He has been going to school since we got married and I just never felt like we were going to ever get a break. And we finally have.
Kirk also got a dental interview at Marquette University and we will find out if he got in, in a couple of weeks. That would be amazing if he got in since this is the third year he has applied and he skipped a year applying between the 2nd and 3rd time he tried. So we will see.
Kirk and I have been through so many ups and downs in our marriage. I am so glad that we never give up and I am very proud and happy with my hubby. He loves me unconditionally and I could not ask for anyone better.
I will post more another day. Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and family. You all mean so much to me. Later!!!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Yeah Darla! What great news! Seriously, it reminds me to hang in there with Hondo's schooling and employment issues. You're proof that better days lay ahead.

TimandBecckaMarley said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats amazing!!! Im so proud of him!! Heavenly Father is so mindful of your family and wouldnt give you anything you guys cant handle!!! Congrats!!

Joy said...

That's awesome, Darla. My sister, Raschel, works at Portage. She has been there for several years and still likes it, so it must be a good company. Congratulations to your family!!